The Embassy funds a number of projects supporting the work of civil society in Ukraine. Grants are channeled through trusted partners such as the Council of Europe, different UN organizations represented in Ukraine and solid Norwegian and international Non-governmental organizations. The main focus areas for future embassy and MFA funds are Human Rights and democracy related projects.
Important fields, such as environment and energy efficiency, are already covered by Norway’s substantial contribution to the EBRD managed E5P Fund. No additional grants will therefore be awarded to such projects.
In addition, a number of larger scale grants are awarded directly from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo. Read more about the annual call for proposals on the MFA webpage. Please also consult this information carefully before contacting the embassy regarding small scale grants.
Embassy grants 2012
- Council of Europe - Networks between Norwegian and Ukrainian Municipalities
- Council of Europe - International Review of the Ukrainian Youth Policy
- Council of Europe - Capacity building for youth participation in youth policy and human rights
- Institute for World Policy / Nato Liaison office - Strategic Discussion Club
- Institute for World Policy / Nato Liaison office - International Forum: Ukraine's non-bloc policy in the European context
- UNHCR - UN Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees - Raising awareness about refugee and women in Ukraine
- NUPI - Norwegian Institute of International Affairs - Norwegian-Ukrainian relations in a European context
- ENEMO - European Network of Election Monitoring Organizations - ENEMO Election observation in Ukraine 2012
- ISFIT - International Student Festival in Trondheim – participation of Belarusian and Ukrainian students
- Norges Fredslag - ICDP training in Ukraine
Embassy grants 2013
The application deadline for small scale grants for 2013 is 15 January. Please contact the embassy emb.kiev(at)mfa.no for application form. Projects conducted by or in cooperation with Norwegian or international NGOs or other international organizations. The embassy will contact cooperating partners by the end of February if their project is awarded funds. The embassy only accepts applications related to strengthening human rights and civil society, and the development of democracy.